Wood rot poses a threat regardless of where you live, but here in the Northeast it’s particularly problematic. Elevated moisture levels and our often wild winter weather leave your surfaces under tremendous strain, making rot inevitable if you don’t proactively protect against it.
Where Should You Check for Wood Rot?
Here are a few key places to routinely check:
- Window sills
- Trim and moulding around windows
- Wood siding
- Anywhere wood meets ground, or makes contact with foliage (we recommend keeping landscaping trimmed back from your siding, porch, and/or deck structure)
Wood rot isn’t always obvious, making a knowledgeable inspection key. Identifying and catching the problem early is the best way to protect your home and your budget.
Wood Rot Repairs in Rhode Island
Our process includes:
- A thorough, expert inspection across all at-risk areas
- We’ll develop a proposed plan for either wood repair (for minor cases) or wood replacement (for more extensive issues)
- Expert carpentry services
- A final application of paint or stain to protect your surfaces
- Recommendations for ongoing care and rot prevention
Remember, the very best way to prevent wood rot is to stop it from taking root altogether. The most effective way to do this is to keep your exterior paint and stain in good repair, maintaining a healthy layer of protection against the elements.
What Do Our Carpentry Services Include?
- Interior and Exterior Door Installation
- Threshold Repair and Refinishing
- Window Sill Repair
- Dry Rot Repair
- Molding Installation
- ...and more!